Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Mouthwash






From  the comments:

Gaper Maker: As much as I enjoyed the Invisible Girls LP, it could not take away the bad taste in my mouth about Penetration. Punk bandwagon jumpers by a progressive rock band. They didn't even hide it. Those first two albums were awful with maybe three tracks in total that stood up on their own.

Chris Trout: 100% agree about Penetration (my three are Danger Signs, Come Into The Open and another one I can't think of just now) but the Invisible Girls album is so brilliant. It's only the singer and the bass player, and they weren't very progressive. I think Murray and Blamire deserve massive credit for upping their game the way they did here. They probably disliked Penetration as much as you and I.

It was thirty years ago, chaps. Get over it.




No comments: