Sunday, January 07, 2007

Underwater you and me

Pamziewamzie has done that thing she does, again: tagged me with one of those quizzes that are so popular with us geeky Internet people :-) LOL. Normally, when she does this I hide behind the sofa until she goes away or pretend to be busy with something really important. However, this time Pam has tried to get my sympathy by spraining her ankle. It worked.

So, here are five things you probably didn't know about me. You probably won't care either.

1. My nickname used to be Fluff.
2. The thought of being under the sea or up a mountain makes me feel ill.
3. I have not seen The Sound of Music, Gone With The Wind or Titanic.
4. I once met Margaret Thatcher at Number 10 Downing Street.
5. I suffer constant low-level pain in my left arm and shoulder: RSI.

I am going to tag nobody with this. I am sorry Pam, but it has to stop. It just can't go on. If it did, eventually everybody would know everything about everyone else. Besides, nobody would get any work done.

The title of this diversion is a song by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, to which all the cool kids are listening at the moment. You can hear it here.

9 comments:

Little Red Riding Hood said...

Mmm you should see it. All fat and swollen. I've progressed to limping now, but that just makes it swell up more so I still need the crutches.

And I'm bored. So very bored...

stephen said...

You met Maggie at No 10? David Farrar is going to be sooooo jealous.

Paul said...

Pam, I will visit you if it helps.

Stephen, is that so? I will blog about it some time soon.

stephen said...

DPF is terribly proud of having met Baroness Thatcher last year, and has blogged about it multiple times. But how much more prestigious to have met her at No 10!

On another front, I'm afraid I listened to the first 20s of that mp3 before deciding that I already have all the Velvet Underground I want.

Paul said...

Oh, that meeting... sorry, I was being a bit dense.

Little Red Riding Hood said...

I will visit you. Tomorrow, in fact.

Here it is always a bit hectic, what with mum running her childcare centre, etc...

Paul said...

That would be lovely, but only if you can move.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...among the billion or so people who met Margaret Thatcher at No. 10 Downing Street, include me. I was very surprised at how small she was & how nice Denis was, but truly impressed by a Real Turner hanging on the wall....it was December, 1985.

Paul said...

My visit was in 1981. I spent much of the evening talking to Denis, who was very nice, as you say, and with Peter Thorneycroft and Alec Douglas-Hume.

As for the paintings, they were impressive. Some years later, I had a job involving putting works of art in Ministers' rooms; you learn a lot about our governors from their interests in art.