Friday, September 17, 2010

Unwit

Or, you can Roy but you can't Hide:
"When my wrongdoing was revealed," he says, "the worst aspect of it all for me was reading the letters written by the mother and sister of the dead boy whose identity I used to obtain the passport.

"As a result of my own actions, my political career is almost certainly over. But that is not my greatest concern. The worst aspect of all of this for me is that those who have seen fit to do so have opened the wounds of the boy's mother and sister all over again.

"As the person who inflicted those wounds in the first place, however unwittingly, I must take ultimate responsibility for that."
David Garrett, the man who unwittingly sought a child's gravestone, unwittingly noted the details and unwittingly applied for a passport in that child's name, has left the building.

No comments: